Rug Cleaning Toronto & GTA
Restore the beauty of your rug and bring its vibrance back to life with our professional rug cleaning services available across Toronto. Whether you’ve spotted a rug stain or need your carpet deep cleaned, we have the equipment and experienced rug cleaning technicians to help you.
Don’t risk ruining your rug using chemical household products, let the experts handle cleaning your rug with the care and attention it deserves
Professional Carpet & Rug Cleaning Services for Toronto & GTA
Whether you’re looking to remove stains or deep clean your area rug we have the professional team to do just that. We can clean all materials, styles and types of rugs and carpets.
- Handmade and hand woven rugs
- Machine made and synthetic rugs
- Silk rugs
- Wool rugs
- Persian rugs
We service Toronto & most of the greater Toronto area, simply contact us to learn more about our pick up and delivery zones.
If you are looking for a drop off and pick up service, you can head to our Danforth showroom. Please call us in advance.
Our Rug Cleaning Process
- We remove as much dust as possible
- We determine the best way to carefully and thoroughly clean your rug. This depends on the type, fibre and dye or your rug. We pay extra attention to stains. Rugs are thoroughly rinsed, top and bottom.
- A machine gently squeezes out about 80% of the water
- In a drying room, rugs are hoisted and fans are run to ensure the rugs are completely dried before delivery back to your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my rug needs cleaning?
The rugs in your home have a lot to handle on a daily basis. From spillages and stains to wear and tear over time, even the most resilient of rugs need some cleaning care.
Here are some telltale signs you likely need to clean your rug or carpet:
- You can see visible marks or stains on the rug
- The rug has an unpleasant odor or smell, this tends to happen if something is spilled on your rug without you being aware.
- It contains dust or is leaving dust trails when walking over it.
- Members of your household are having allergy symptoms, rugs can collect allergens over time if they’re not cleaned.
- You regularly wear outdoor shoes inside, this makes it easier for dust and dirt to collect.
- You have pets at home, particularly pets that shed hair and dander
- Your rug is losing its colour or vibrance. A rug cleaning can gently strip away from the dirt and help bring some life back into it.
How much does a rug cleaning cost?
Rug cleaning costs aren't fixed and depend on the type of rug and the method required for cleaning.
If you are looking to get a rate for a quality carpet or rug cleaning, please reach out to us.
Why should I have my rug professionally cleaned?
While there are ways to clean your rug at home, this can often do more harm than good. Many household cleaning products are either too weak to really clean a rug of dirt and bacteria, or are too harsh and will ruin it.
Professional rug cleaning services are an excellent way to get the best chance of a fresh, clean rug with minimal risk of damage. Plus, you get the peace of mind knowing you have an expert take care of your rug rather than trying to do it yourself.
At Lashar Rugs, we have many years of expertise in rug cleaning and care, including in more delicate, handmade carpets like afghan and persian rugs. We approach each and every rug we receive from families across the Toronto area with the care and consideration it rightly deserves.
How long does it take to clean a rug?
The time it takes to clean a rug can vary based on its size, material, and the level of dirt or stains it has. On average, a standard rug cleaning process can take anywhere from 2 to 6 hours.
However, it's essential to note that drying time can extend this duration, especially for thicker or hand-washed rugs.
At Lashar Rugs, we aim to return your rug in the best condition as swiftly as possible, ensuring it's both clean and dry.
How often should I have my carpet or rug cleaned?
How often you should clean your rug depends on the usage and the environment of your home.
As a general guideline:
- High Traffic Areas: If your rug is placed in a busy area of the home, it's recommended to get it professionally cleaned every 6-12 months.
- Moderate Traffic Areas: For rugs in less busy sections, a professional rug clean every 12-18 months should suffice.
- Low Traffic Areas: If your rug is in a space that sees minimal foot traffic, you might consider cleaning every 2 years.
- Homes with Pets or Allergens: If you have pets, or someone in your home has allergies, you might consider increasing the cleaning frequency to ensure a healthier environment.
Does vacuuming clean a rug?
While gently vacuuming a rug is a great way to preserve its quality and keep it free from dust, it does not completely clean it. Allergens, liquids and bacteria can still linger and over time cause your rug to degrade in quality.
Having a professional rug cleaning will make sure it’s clean and looking at its best for longer.
If my rug can’t be cleaned, can it be repaired?
Yes. Lashar Rugs offers professional rug repair services available across Toronto. This might be a better option if a mark or stain cannot be removed with a deep clean.
If you’re unsure whether your rug simply needs a clean or needs repairing, please feel free to call in our Danforth showroom. We can help determine the best solution for your rug.